Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Desmond is one of four National League shortstops up for the award, joining the Marlins' Jose Reyes, the Phillies' Jimmy Rollins and the Reds' Zack Cozart. LaRoche is one of three NL first baseman named finalists, along with the Braves' Freddie Freeman and the Reds' Joey Votto.
All winners will be announced at 9:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday in an awards show televised by ESPN2.
Gold Glove awards are voted on by major-league managers and coaches, who submit their choices in late-September.
Neither Desmond nor LaRoche has ever won the award. Desmond is coming off a breakthrough season in which he was named an All-Star for the first time while excelling in the field. He was charged with 15Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?
- At 7-12, Nationals still searching for answers