Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Desmond is one of four National League shortstops up for the award, joining the Marlins' Jose Reyes, the Phillies' Jimmy Rollins and the Reds' Zack Cozart. LaRoche is one of three NL first baseman named finalists, along with the Braves' Freddie Freeman and the Reds' Joey Votto.
All winners will be announced at 9:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday in an awards show televised by ESPN2.
Gold Glove awards are voted on by major-league managers and coaches, who submit their choices in late-September.
Neither Desmond nor LaRoche has ever won the award. Desmond is coming off a breakthrough season in which he was named an All-Star for the first time while excelling in the field. He was charged with 15Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday