Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Desmond is one of four National League shortstops up for the award, joining the Marlins' Jose Reyes, the Phillies' Jimmy Rollins and the Reds' Zack Cozart. LaRoche is one of three NL first baseman named finalists, along with the Braves' Freddie Freeman and the Reds' Joey Votto.
All winners will be announced at 9:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday in an awards show televised by ESPN2.
Gold Glove awards are voted on by major-league managers and coaches, who submit their choices in late-September.
Neither Desmond nor LaRoche has ever won the award. Desmond is coming off a breakthrough season in which he was named an All-Star for the first time while excelling in the field. He was charged with 15Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'
- Zuckerman on criticism of Nationals, Harper's MVP hopes
- Strasburg won't make scheduled start Friday
- Nats add two more relievers as Sept. call-ups
- Pressure's on Scherzer in Cards series finale
- Stock Watch: Bullpen issues haunt the Nats again
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups