Oct 29, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Adam LaRoche can begin negotiating with other clubs on Saturday.
When Miguel Cabrera took a Sergio Romo fastball down the heart of the strike zone late last night, the 2012 Major League Baseball season came to an end. And the Hot Stove League immediately commenced.
While the Giants are busy celebrating and the Tigers are busy moping, everyone else around the sport is preparing for the official start of the offseason, with some important decisions that will need to be made right off the bat.
All eligible players become free agents this morning, a group that will include Nationals first baseman Adam LaRoche, right-hander Edwin Jackson, left-handers Sean Burnett, Michael Gonzalez and Zach Duke and utilityman Mark DeRosa.
Though they'll technically be free agents right away, those players won't have the right to negotiate with other clubs until five full days have passed. Thus, the Nationals have until Saturday morning toRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche