Oct 31, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
Meyers, 27, was selected away by New York in last December's Rule 5 draft and was expected to spend the season on the big-league roster (per draft rules). But he landed on the disabled list with a shoulder cartilage injury prior to Opening Day and never returned.
Meyers wound up making only one professional appearance in 2012, giving up eight runs on eight hits in an April 9 rehab start for Class A Tampa that lasted only 1 2/3 innings. He was subsequently transferred to the 60-day DL, where he remained the rest of the year.
Because he spent the season on the DL, Meyers would again have to remain on the Yankees' 25-man roster in 2013 or else be offeredRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions