Nov 1, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman, not surprisingly, leads many offensive categories.
This has become one of my favorite annual blog posts: the revised Nationals all-time statistical leaderboard. It's both a fun trip down memory lane and (these days) a reminder of how far the organization has come from its humble past.
Some of the categories are stats of longevity (games played, home runs, wins, saves). Some of them are stats of performance over a minimum number of plate appearances or innings pitched (batting average, OPS, ERA, WHIP). And new this year is the all-encompassing WAR stat, which attempts to show exactly how many wins (above the mythical replacement player) one person has been responsible for over their Nationals careers (you'll notice I also included the two players in Nationals history with the lowest WAR figures.)
With each passing season, new players join the top-10 leaderboards while others get lopped off the bottom. As always, I offer the advance warning that reading these names may cause such extreme emotional reactions as laughter, sobbing and possibly spontaneous combustion.
So with that, here are the Nationals' updated all-time stat leaderboards…
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate
- Nationals clinch NL East with victory in Atlanta
- How did Zimmerman fare in first game action in Viera?
- Nationals play for NL East title tonight in Atlanta
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination