Nov 1, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman, not surprisingly, leads many offensive categories.
This has become one of my favorite annual blog posts: the revised Nationals all-time statistical leaderboard. It's both a fun trip down memory lane and (these days) a reminder of how far the organization has come from its humble past.
Some of the categories are stats of longevity (games played, home runs, wins, saves). Some of them are stats of performance over a minimum number of plate appearances or innings pitched (batting average, OPS, ERA, WHIP). And new this year is the all-encompassing WAR stat, which attempts to show exactly how many wins (above the mythical replacement player) one person has been responsible for over their Nationals careers (you'll notice I also included the two players in Nationals history with the lowest WAR figures.)
With each passing season, new players join the top-10 leaderboards while others get lopped off the bottom. As always, I offer the advance warning that reading these names may cause such extreme emotional reactions as laughter, sobbing and possibly spontaneous combustion.
So with that, here are the Nationals' updated all-time stat leaderboards…
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper leaves Nats game after feeling lightheaded
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals
- Can the Nationals clinch in Atlanta this week?
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets