Nov 5, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Corrales will become a special assistant to Los Angeles general manager Ned Colletti, in the process rejoining Dodgers president Stan Kasten (who previously employed him in both Atlanta and Washington).
The 71-year-old Corrales was originally hired by the Nationals in 2007 to serve as manager Manny Acta’s bench coach. He was reassigned in 2009 as a special consultant but rejoined the big-league staff as interim bench coach both when Jim Riggleman replaced Acta as manager during the 2009 All-Star break and when Davey Johnson replaced Riggleman as manager during the 2011 season.
Corrales returned to his consulting role this year and spent most of his time scouting and as a roving instructor within the Nationals’ minor-league system. He was a particularly close confidant of Johnson.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Orioles, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Nats at Orioles, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Phillies, 7:15 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Phillies, 1:35 p.m.
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Espinosa understands, accepts reduced role
- Beltways Battle shifts to Baltimore
- Cole Hamels would allow a trade to the Nationals
- MLB Power Rankings: Angels soaring
- Who should DH for Nats the next two nights?
- Nats and Orioles game postponed due to rain
- O's Buck Showalter takes shot at D.C. during Beltway series
- Williams: Harper making progress on offense
- Nationals try to bounce back from 11-inning loss
- Williams, Showalter share managerial bond