Nov 5, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Corrales will become a special assistant to Los Angeles general manager Ned Colletti, in the process rejoining Dodgers president Stan Kasten (who previously employed him in both Atlanta and Washington).
The 71-year-old Corrales was originally hired by the Nationals in 2007 to serve as manager Manny Acta’s bench coach. He was reassigned in 2009 as a special consultant but rejoined the big-league staff as interim bench coach both when Jim Riggleman replaced Acta as manager during the 2009 All-Star break and when Davey Johnson replaced Riggleman as manager during the 2011 season.
Corrales returned to his consulting role this year and spent most of his time scouting and as a roving instructor within the Nationals’ minor-league system. He was a particularly close confidant of Johnson.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'