Nov 5, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Corrales will become a special assistant to Los Angeles general manager Ned Colletti, in the process rejoining Dodgers president Stan Kasten (who previously employed him in both Atlanta and Washington).
The 71-year-old Corrales was originally hired by the Nationals in 2007 to serve as manager Manny Acta’s bench coach. He was reassigned in 2009 as a special consultant but rejoined the big-league staff as interim bench coach both when Jim Riggleman replaced Acta as manager during the 2009 All-Star break and when Davey Johnson replaced Riggleman as manager during the 2011 season.
Corrales returned to his consulting role this year and spent most of his time scouting and as a roving instructor within the Nationals’ minor-league system. He was a particularly close confidant of Johnson.
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate
- Nationals clinch NL East with victory in Atlanta
- How did Zimmerman fare in first game action in Viera?
- Nationals play for NL East title tonight in Atlanta
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination
- After nailbiter, Nationals on the cusp of a clinch