Nov 7, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Anthony Rendon has 10 hits in his last 21 at-bats in the Arizona Fall League.
After a slow start to his Arizona Fall League season, top Nationals prospect Anthony Rendon has gone on a tear at the plate over the last week.
Rendon has 10 hits in his last 21 at-bats for the Salt River Rafters, with three doubles, five RBI and four walks, to raise his AFL season batting average to .317. His seven total doubles are tied for the league lead, while his .411 on-base percentage ranks ninth among all the upper-level prospects participating this fall.
Rendon, the sixth overall pick in the 2011 draft, is one of the least experienced players in the AFL, having appeared in only 43 professional games, only 21 of them above Class A. (He missed most of this season with a fractured ankle.)
The 22-year-old third baseman, who received a major-league contract from the Nationals before the new collective bargainingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season