Nov 8, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
There was plenty to talk about during our first offseason edition of Beltway Baseball, and Chase Hughes and I tried to touch on just about every important subject facing the Nationals as the Hot Stove League gets underway.
Among the topics of discussion: Adam LaRoche and the domino effect his situation has on so many others, the need (or lack of need) for another outfielder and the various possibilities for a No. 5 starter. We also brought up what I think is perhaps the most fascinating storyline of the offseason: Should the Nats “go for broke” in an attempt to win the World Series in 2013, but in the process potentially hamstring themselves down the road?
And, of course, we answered your questions on a variety of subjects. Hope you enjoy the show!
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Roark makes emergency start vs. Astros
- Fister scratched from start with elbow inflammation
- Doug Flutie took batting practice at Nats spring training (VIDEO)
- Marlins complain about Red Sox spring lineup, get apology
- Dr. Jobe's impact on baseball was immeasurable
- Zimmermann throws three scoreless in Nats' 3-2 loss
- Zimmermann squares off with Braves again
- 2014 Washington Nationals fantasy baseball preview
- Phillies Cole Hamels suffers setback, April looks doubtful
- Projecting Nats' roster midway through spring