Nov 15, 2012, 12:18 AM EDT
|Photo by US-Presswire|
Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez finished third in N.L. Cy Young voting with R.A. Dickey taking home the most first place votes. Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers placed second as Gonzalez received just one first place vote.
Gonzalez lost out to the Mets knuckleballer after going 21-8 with a 2.89 ERA in his first season with the Nationals. Gonzalez was acquired by Washington last offseason in a trade with the Oakland Athletics.
Gonzalez represented the Nationals in the All-Star game in 2012, the second appearance of his career. He finished with 207 strikeouts in 199 1/3 innings pitched.
Dickey, 38, went 20-6 this season with a 2.73 ERA across 233 2/3 innings pitched. He struck out 230 batters, had three shutouts, and posted a 1.053 WHIP.
Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals