Nov 15, 2012, 12:18 AM EST
|Photo by US-Presswire|
Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez finished third in N.L. Cy Young voting with R.A. Dickey taking home the most first place votes. Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers placed second as Gonzalez received just one first place vote.
Gonzalez lost out to the Mets knuckleballer after going 21-8 with a 2.89 ERA in his first season with the Nationals. Gonzalez was acquired by Washington last offseason in a trade with the Oakland Athletics.
Gonzalez represented the Nationals in the All-Star game in 2012, the second appearance of his career. He finished with 207 strikeouts in 199 1/3 innings pitched.
Dickey, 38, went 20-6 this season with a 2.73 ERA across 233 2/3 innings pitched. He struck out 230 batters, had three shutouts, and posted a 1.053 WHIP.
Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon