Nov 26, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nationals' first-ever trip to the postseason resulted in a nice holiday bonus for all of their players and coaches.
Major League Baseball announced the amounts of all postseason shares today, revealing the Nationals received $2,124,312.75, to be dispersed among uniformed personnel.
Players voted to divvy that sum into 49 full shares (worth $37,045.32 a piece), plus 6.65 partial shares and three cash awards.
That $37,000 bonus may not amount to much for veterans like Jayson Werth and Ryan Zimmerman, who make more than that for each game they play. But it's a significant chunk of money for players who made at or near the league minimum of $500,000, not toRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week