Dec 4, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Dan Haren went 12-13 with a 4.33 ERA last season with the Angels.
Updated at 11:55 a.m.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Nationals have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with right-hander Dan Haren, adding the final piece to what was already one of the majors' deepest and most-talented rotations.
The deal won't be official until Haren, 32, passes a physical, but the two sides have agreed to terms that include a $13 million salary for 2013, according to a club source.
Haren is a three-time All-Star with a career 119-97 record and 3.66 ERA in parts of 10 seasons with the Cardinals, Athletics, Diamondbacks and Angels. He had an off-year this season in Los Angeles, going 12-13 with a 4.33 ERA while dealing with a lingering back injury that scared off some clubs.
After a brief July stint on the disabled list, Haren returned stronger and posted a 3.58 ERA over his final 13 starts. The Nationals were confident enough in the right-hander's health to agree to terms on a contract now, though they still need him to pass the physical beforeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals turn sloppy in loss to Kershaw, L.A.
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win