Dec 5, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
USA Today Images
Wilson Ramos tore the ACL in his right knee May 12 in Cincinnati.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Though he's expected to arrive at spring training 100 percent healthy following two surgeries to repair a torn ligament in his right knee, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will have to earn his starting job back from Kurt Suzuki.
"Suzuki will probably start the season at No. 1, making sure that Ramos is comfy," manager Davey Johnson said. "I love Ramos. I love both of them."
Suzuki, acquired in a trade with the Athletics on Aug. 3, assumed the starting job the rest of the season and through the National League Division Series. The 29-year-old impressed with his ability to produce in the clutch — he drove in 20 runs over his last 28 games — and to work with the Nationals' pitching staff, setting the stage for hisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to start new winning streak today
- The Baseball Show: LaRoche and Cabrera are August standouts
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill