Dec 5, 2012, 5:32 PM EST
USA Today Images
Wilson Ramos tore the ACL in his right knee May 12 in Cincinnati.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Though he's expected to arrive at spring training 100 percent healthy following two surgeries to repair a torn ligament in his right knee, Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos will have to earn his starting job back from Kurt Suzuki.
"Suzuki will probably start the season at No. 1, making sure that Ramos is comfy," manager Davey Johnson said. "I love Ramos. I love both of them."
Suzuki, acquired in a trade with the Athletics on Aug. 3, assumed the starting job the rest of the season and through the National League Division Series. The 29-year-old impressed with his ability to produce in the clutch — he drove in 20 runs over his last 28 games — and to work with the Nationals' pitching staff, setting the stage for hisRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Erick Fedde
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Lucas Giolito
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful