Dec 7, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Images
Michael Morse is likely to be traded if the Nationals re-sign Adam LaRoche.
While we continue to wait for word on the results of Dan Haren's physical — the right-hander was scheduled to be in Washington yesterday to be examined by Nationals doctors before his contract could be finalized — let's look ahead to what could turn into one of the few remaining offseason questions this team will face.
What's the trade market for Michael Morse look like, and what might the Nationals get in return for the slugger?
Morse's eventual trade is predicated on Adam LaRoche's return, though that prospect looks more and more likely each day, with the Nationals hoping to get a deal done before Christmas.
Once LaRoche is under contract, Morse becomes expendable. Not because the Nationals don't like him and what he offers the club. But because there simply won't be a spot in the lineup for him, with LaRoche back at first base and Bryce Harper, Denard Span andRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back
- Nationals players excited to see pitching staff in action
- WATCH: Harper faces Strasburg for first time
- Werth hits off tee for first time since surgery
- Matt Harvey expected to make much-awaited return against Nats
- Ankiel starts new chapter as life skills coordinator