Dec 7, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Images
Michael Morse is likely to be traded if the Nationals re-sign Adam LaRoche.
While we continue to wait for word on the results of Dan Haren's physical — the right-hander was scheduled to be in Washington yesterday to be examined by Nationals doctors before his contract could be finalized — let's look ahead to what could turn into one of the few remaining offseason questions this team will face.
What's the trade market for Michael Morse look like, and what might the Nationals get in return for the slugger?
Morse's eventual trade is predicated on Adam LaRoche's return, though that prospect looks more and more likely each day, with the Nationals hoping to get a deal done before Christmas.
Once LaRoche is under contract, Morse becomes expendable. Not because the Nationals don't like him and what he offers the club. But because there simply won't be a spot in the lineup for him, with LaRoche back at first base and Bryce Harper, Denard Span andRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Sunday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Sunday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today