Dec 11, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Images
History suggests Bryce Harper's power numbers will significantly rise next year.
Few 19-year-olds have ever done what Bryce Harper did for the Nationals this season, a fact that was repeated over and over during the course of his award-winning rookie campaign.
All along, there was an assumption that Harper had only scratched the surface of his immense abilities, and that he would be poised to take his game to even greater heights at age 20.
That assumption was based not only on Harper's individual case, but on the history of baseball itself, which features plenty of examples of young players making a significant leap once they turn 20.
How much better, though, can we expect Harper to be in 2013 than he was in 2012? By analyzing the career progressions of otherRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals
- Can the Nationals clinch in Atlanta this week?
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight