Dec 14, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Edwin Jackson, like several other ex-Nats, remains unsigned.
We've spent plenty of time already this offseason trying to figure out when and with whom Adam LaRoche will sign. (The latest on that front: With Josh Hamilton now a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim, the Rangers have renewed interest in LaRoche, and according to a source close to that organization might be willing to offer a three-year contract.)
LaRoche, though, is far from the only Nationals free agent who has yet to sign this winter. In fact, the only ones who have to date are Sean Burnett (Angels) and Zach Duke (re-signed with the Nats).
That leaves a lengthy list of prominent 2012 Nationals who currently don't have employment for 2013, including Edwin Jackson, Michael Gonzalez, John Lannan, Jesus Flores, Tom Gorzelanny and Mark DeRosa.
Jackson is the biggest name of the bunch, but the veteran right-hander may find himself in a spot not all that unlike the one he was in last winter, seeking a long-term contract but perhaps findingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes