Dec 14, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Edwin Jackson, like several other ex-Nats, remains unsigned.
We've spent plenty of time already this offseason trying to figure out when and with whom Adam LaRoche will sign. (The latest on that front: With Josh Hamilton now a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim, the Rangers have renewed interest in LaRoche, and according to a source close to that organization might be willing to offer a three-year contract.)
LaRoche, though, is far from the only Nationals free agent who has yet to sign this winter. In fact, the only ones who have to date are Sean Burnett (Angels) and Zach Duke (re-signed with the Nats).
That leaves a lengthy list of prominent 2012 Nationals who currently don't have employment for 2013, including Edwin Jackson, Michael Gonzalez, John Lannan, Jesus Flores, Tom Gorzelanny and Mark DeRosa.
Jackson is the biggest name of the bunch, but the veteran right-hander may find himself in a spot not all that unlike the one he was in last winter, seeking a long-term contract but perhaps findingRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Anthony Rendon back in D.C. to see Nats doctors
- 'Baseball in the District' - Marlins' voice Glenn Geffner
- Surging Nats return home to face Marlins
- The Baseball Show: A turning point last week?
- State of the Nats: An impressive weekend in New York
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets
- Span returns to Nats lineup after missing several games
- Gonzalez' pitching leads Nats over Mets
- Anthony Rendon has another setback in rehab from MCL sprain
- Gio starts as Nationals face Mets in New York