Dec 15, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
John Lannan is 2-5 with a 6.49 ERA in eight career starts in Philadelphia.
The team — and the town — that has tormented John Lannan more than any other in his career is now his new home.
Lannan has agreed to terms with the Phillies on a one-year contract that guarantees $2.5 million in salary with an additional $2.5 million in incentives, according to a source close to the left-hander.
The deal is still contingent on the 28-year-old (who was not tendered a contract by the Nationals last month) passing a physical.
Nobody has made more starts for the Nationals in their eight-year history than Lannan, a member of the organization's first draft class of 2005. And the lefty faced no opponent during his six seasons more than the Phillies, with 19 of his 134 career starts againstRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats aim for 3rd straight series win against Padres
- Around the NL East: Will the Mets ever lose again?
- Double play on 3-0 pitch kills Nationals' rally
- Gonzalez turns in uneven outing, drops third straight
- Furious rally falls short as Nationals lose to Padres 6-5
- Ramos catches Gonzalez for 1st time in months
- Nats seek first 4-game win streak in 2 months
- Strasburg keeps leading the charge for Nats rotation
- Nats Stock Watch: Rendon rediscovering his power stroke
- Quality at-bats propel Nationals to big win