Jan 2, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez anchor one of the best rotations in baseball.
ESPN's Buster Olney has been issuing top-10 lists the last few days, ranking what he believes are the best rotations, infields and outfields in baseball. (Note: You'll need an ESPN Insider subscription to read the full article.)
And it should come as no surprise the Nationals are prominently featured in those rankings.
Olney has both the Nats' rotation and outfield as the second-best units in the majors, behind only the Tigers and Angels, respectively. He currently has the Nats' infield ranking eighth, though he points out he'd bump them to the top-5 if they ultimately re-sign Adam LaRoche.
It's tough to dispute Olney's take on the Nationals' rotation. What was already one of the best — if not the best — quintet last season should be even better this season, with Stephen Strasburg free to pitch into October, Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann and RossRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett likely to return for 2015
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers