Jan 5, 2013, 4:28 AM EST
USA Today Sports Images
J.P. Howell posted a 3.05 ERA in 55 games with the Rays last season.
The final free agent left-hander on the Nationals' radar is headed elsewhere.
J.P. Howell has come to terms on a one-year, $2.85 million contract with the Dodgers, according to multiple reports, electing to head west instead of coming to a Washington franchise that was interested in acquiring him.
Howell, 29, had become the Nationals' top left-handed target after they lost stalwart Sean Burnett to the Angels last month. Since then, they've also seen free agent Michael Gonzalez and the non-tendered Tom Gorzelanny sign with the Brewers.
With no other lefty relievers on the market that pique their interest, the Nationals face the possibility of entering spring training withoutRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?