Jan 8, 2013, 8:39 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Derek Jeter and the Yankees will face Ian Desmond and the Nats on March 29.
By Chase Hughes
On a day the Nationals essentially finalized their lineup for the 2013 season by re-signing Adam LaRoche, the team announced the first time fans will be able to see them in action in Washington, D.C. this season.
The Nats will host the New York Yankees at Nationals Park March 29 at 2:05 p.m. in their final exhibition game before opening the regular season three days later against the Miami Marlins.
The Nationals were swept New York in Washington last June by a combined score of 16-6 in a three-game interleague series. The Yankees rarely travel to D.C. for games, and with them come massive crowds. All three games between the teams in 2012 drew at least 41,000 patrons.
The Nationals ended their exhibition schedule last year against the Boston Red Sox on April 3 with an 8-7 loss at Nationals Park. TheRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond