Jan 8, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Derek Jeter and the Yankees will face Ian Desmond and the Nats on March 29.
By Chase Hughes
On a day the Nationals essentially finalized their lineup for the 2013 season by re-signing Adam LaRoche, the team announced the first time fans will be able to see them in action in Washington, D.C. this season.
The Nats will host the New York Yankees at Nationals Park March 29 at 2:05 p.m. in their final exhibition game before opening the regular season three days later against the Miami Marlins.
The Nationals were swept New York in Washington last June by a combined score of 16-6 in a three-game interleague series. The Yankees rarely travel to D.C. for games, and with them come massive crowds. All three games between the teams in 2012 drew at least 41,000 patrons.
The Nationals ended their exhibition schedule last year against the Boston Red Sox on April 3 with an 8-7 loss at Nationals Park. TheRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey
- Bryce Harper leaves game with 'left glute tightness'