Jan 8, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Associated Press photo
With Adam LaRoche re-signed for two years, there's no room for Michael Morse.
Mike Rizzo wrapped up a conference call with reporters a short while ago, the Nationals general manager addressing a variety of topics including the re-signing of Adam LaRoche, the possible trade of Michael Morse and the club's need (or perhaps not) for another left-handed reliever.
Here's the full transcript of the conference call. And a programming note: Rizzo will be joining me and Julie Donaldson on Comcast SportsNet at 6 p.m., so if you'd like to hear more of what he has to say on these subjects, please tune in…
Q: How good is it to get LaRoche back?
"Adam was a huge part of our success last year. He does a lot of things for us. He balances our lineup, he's a middle-of-the-lineup bat, he's a run producer, he's a terrific defensive player and beyond that he's a great clubhouse presence. A quiet leader who is very,Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts