Jan 8, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
With Adam LaRoche re-signed for two years, there's no room for Michael Morse.
Mike Rizzo wrapped up a conference call with reporters a short while ago, the Nationals general manager addressing a variety of topics including the re-signing of Adam LaRoche, the possible trade of Michael Morse and the club's need (or perhaps not) for another left-handed reliever.
Here's the full transcript of the conference call. And a programming note: Rizzo will be joining me and Julie Donaldson on Comcast SportsNet at 6 p.m., so if you'd like to hear more of what he has to say on these subjects, please tune in…
Q: How good is it to get LaRoche back?
"Adam was a huge part of our success last year. He does a lot of things for us. He balances our lineup, he's a middle-of-the-lineup bat, he's a run producer, he's a terrific defensive player and beyond that he's a great clubhouse presence. A quiet leader who is very,Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game