Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'