Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'
- Marlins sign Rafael Furcal, what are they up to?
- With Ellsbury & McCann, Yankees could be just getting started
- Report: Nats interested in lefty Scott Downs
- Market is thinning of left-handers
- Does Saltalamacchia show the Marlins are serious for 2014?
- VIDEO: Analysis of Fister trade
- Non-tendered players could interest Nats
- Yankees, Ellsbury near $153M, 7-yr deal
- Fister "excited" about trade to Nationals