Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 12:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Braves 7:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Hard-hit balls equal hard-luck loss for Nationals
- Fister, Nationals hard-luck losers in pitchers duel
- Asdrubal Cabrera joins Nats after trade, starts at second base
- Nationals send slumping Barrett to AAA
- Asdrubal Cabrera makes his debut
- Nats activate Asdrubal Cabrera, option Aaron Barrett
- MLB Power Rankings: Deadline shakeup in the AL
- Nationals bullpen in surprising rut
- Gio Gonzalez stumbles again in Nats' 10-4 loss to Phillies
- Pitchers' duel becomes battle of bullpens in Nationals 10-4 loss