Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly