Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend
- Nats call up Xavier Cedeno, send Blake Treinen to Syracuse
- Nationals need a bounce-back vs. Cardinals
- Errors cost Nationals in ugly loss to Cardinals
- The Baseball Show: How can Strasburg turn it around?
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter