Jan 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Mike Rizzo has made few changes to his roster so far this winter.
If your complete attention over the last month was commandeered by the holidays, the Redskins and the fiscal cliff, let's recap all the Nationals news you missed:
[Cue sound of crickets chirping.]
Uh, guess you really didn't miss anything at all. Indeed, the Nationals haven't completed a transaction involving their major-league roster in — get this — 32 days. Yep, the last baseball-related announcement coming out of the offices at 1500 South Capitol Street was the Dec. 7 revelation that Dan Haren passed his physical and thus officially signed his $13 million contract.
Not that the building was abuzz with activity prior to that. With five weeks to go until pitchers and catchers report to Viera, Fla., the Nationals have added only two players to their big-league rosterRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game