Jan 16, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth each are scheduled to appear at NatsFest.
The majority of players off the Nationals' roster are scheduled to attend next week's NatsFest, though a couple of prominent names notably will be absent.
Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth, Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann, Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Dan Haren, Denard Span and Kurt Suzuki are among the 25 players listed as attendees to the event, which will be held Jan. 26 at the Washington Convention Center. (All appearances are subject to change.)
Also scheduled to attend are three players who face uncertain futures with the organization in the wake of recent acquisitions: Michael Morse, Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard. That could lead to some interesting, perhaps awkward, conversations between the players and team execs, media members and fans who will be there in person.
Notable among the list of Nationals who aren't scheduled to attend are manager Davey Johnson, third baseman Ryan Zimmerman,Read more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- The good, the bad and the ugly of Nats camp
- Zimmermann perfect against Sabathia, Yankees
- Fister could be ready for season's first week
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1