Jan 16, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth each are scheduled to appear at NatsFest.
The majority of players off the Nationals' roster are scheduled to attend next week's NatsFest, though a couple of prominent names notably will be absent.
Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth, Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann, Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Dan Haren, Denard Span and Kurt Suzuki are among the 25 players listed as attendees to the event, which will be held Jan. 26 at the Washington Convention Center. (All appearances are subject to change.)
Also scheduled to attend are three players who face uncertain futures with the organization in the wake of recent acquisitions: Michael Morse, Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard. That could lead to some interesting, perhaps awkward, conversations between the players and team execs, media members and fans who will be there in person.
Notable among the list of Nationals who aren't scheduled to attend are manager Davey Johnson, third baseman Ryan Zimmerman,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back