Jan 16, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth each are scheduled to appear at NatsFest.
The majority of players off the Nationals' roster are scheduled to attend next week's NatsFest, though a couple of prominent names notably will be absent.
Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth, Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann, Ian Desmond, Danny Espinosa, Dan Haren, Denard Span and Kurt Suzuki are among the 25 players listed as attendees to the event, which will be held Jan. 26 at the Washington Convention Center. (All appearances are subject to change.)
Also scheduled to attend are three players who face uncertain futures with the organization in the wake of recent acquisitions: Michael Morse, Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard. That could lead to some interesting, perhaps awkward, conversations between the players and team execs, media members and fans who will be there in person.
Notable among the list of Nationals who aren't scheduled to attend are manager Davey Johnson, third baseman Ryan Zimmerman,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?