Jan 18, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jordan Zimmermann stands to earn a big raise either way through arbitration.
Unable to come to terms on a one-year contract, the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann have formally filed for arbitration.
Zimmermann is seeking a salary of $5.8 million; the Nationals have countered with an offer of $4.6 million, according to CBSSports.com.
The right-hander was the only one of the Nationals' seven arbitration-eligible players not to come to a deal before tonight's deadline. Drew Storen ($2.5 million), Ian Desmond ($3.8 million), Ross Detwiler ($2.3375 million), Tyler Clippard ($4 million) and Roger Bernadina ($1.215 million) all agreed to one-year deals. Craig Stammen, meanwhile, signed a two-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million.
Whether he wins in arbitration or not, Zimmermann stands to earn a hefty raise from his 2012 salary of $2.3 million. Entering hisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cliff Lee also wouldn't mind being traded to the Nats
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win