Jan 18, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jordan Zimmermann stands to earn a big raise either way through arbitration.
Unable to come to terms on a one-year contract, the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann have formally filed for arbitration.
Zimmermann is seeking a salary of $5.8 million; the Nationals have countered with an offer of $4.6 million, according to CBSSports.com.
The right-hander was the only one of the Nationals' seven arbitration-eligible players not to come to a deal before tonight's deadline. Drew Storen ($2.5 million), Ian Desmond ($3.8 million), Ross Detwiler ($2.3375 million), Tyler Clippard ($4 million) and Roger Bernadina ($1.215 million) all agreed to one-year deals. Craig Stammen, meanwhile, signed a two-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million.
Whether he wins in arbitration or not, Zimmermann stands to earn a hefty raise from his 2012 salary of $2.3 million. Entering hisRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies