Jan 21, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Mike Rizzo introduced closer Rafael Soriano Thursday at Nationals Park.
There are, incredibly, only three weeks to go until pitchers and catchers officially report for spring training, the Hot Stove League having reached the home stretch at last.
Across baseball, teams are looking at their projected rosters, figuring out what holes still remain and making a final push to address those needs before departing for Florida or Arizona. In Washington, though, there doesn't appear to be any shopping or fine-tuning left to accomplish.
Two major transactions last week — the signing of closer Rafael Soriano and the trade of Michael Morse — essentially wrapped up the offseason for the Nationals. General manager Mike Rizzo said as much on Thursday when asked if he's done for the winter.
"Yeah, we like the team we have," he said.
Rizzo clarified that by insisting "we're always open for business if something pops up that makes us better." But make no mistake: The Nationals aren't actively looking to add anything else ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Rockies, 8:40 p.m.
WED: Nats at Rockies, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Healthy Nationals lineup has become NL's best
- Ian Desmond notches five hits, Nats rock Colorado
- Harper sits, Zimmerman in left as Nats face Rockies
- NL East: Lee and Cishek drawing interest on trade market
- Dan Uggla signs with the San Francisco Giants
- Nats fan sports 'Curly W' beard (PHOTO)
- State of the Nats: 9-game road trip begins Monday
- Resurgent Zimmerman leads Nats' potent lineup
- Werth, Rendon, scouting come together in Nats win
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Brewers 4