Jan 22, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Nationals Park hosted its first three playoff games in October.
Washington is going to have to wait a while longer to land the Midsummer Classic.
Considered the favorites to host the 2015 All-Star Game as recently as last summer, the Nationals have been beaten out by the Reds, who will officially be awarded the game by commissioner Bud Selig today, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
One of three NL clubs vying for the event in 2015 — along with the Nationals and Marlins — the Reds were initially told by Major League Baseball they would be in line to host the 2019 game. Owner Bob Castellini, according to the Enquirer, pushed Selig to give them the 2015 game and apparently was successful in bringing the All-Star Game to Cincinnati for the first time since 1988.
The Nationals have been interested in hosting the All-Star Game since Nationals Park opened in 2008, but MLB officials have
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1