Jan 23, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Associated Press file photo
At least 49 players will take the field in Viera in three weeks.
We are now a mere three weeks from Nationals pitchers and catchers officially reporting for spring training, and if that doesn't warm your heart on this frigid Wednesday morning in D.C., I don't know what will.
As has been pointed out, the Nats appear to be done with their offseason shopping, with perhaps a sliver of a chance Mike Rizzo makes one or two final tweaks before everyone arrives in Viera, Fla. So it's probably safe to start taking a look at the organization depth chart.
Obviously, this is subject to change. But for now, here's how things appear to stack up at each position, with 49 players currently slated to be in big-league camp: 39 off the 40-man roster, plus 10 more players on minor-league contracts who received invitations to camp (listed in italics)…
Wilson RamosRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers
- PHOTOS: Bryce Harper attends Clippers game, meets Blake Griffin
- Big decisions to make for Nats after Scherzer signing
- Scherzer talked to Fister, Thornton before joining Nationals
- Ichiro Suzuki, former Nats OF Jonny Gomes land in NL East
- Boras' 'internal rating' system says Nats have MLB's best rotation