Two Nats fans going for Fan Cave

Feb 1, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT

Photo via MLB.com

After bringing you a classic prank by Buck Showalter and the Nats’ bullpen reading excerpts of ’50 Shades of Grey’ last season, the MLB Fan Cave is back for another year and it’s time to pick the new ‘cave dwellers.’ Two young Nationals fans are in the running and have until Feb. 13 to rally enough votes to be one of the two selected to participate this season.

Katie Gregerson (@katiegregerson) of Alexandria, VA and Drew Wildes (@DrewieLemoine) of Annandale, VA are finalists for the contest which places two baseball fans in ‘The Cave.’ The two winners will go to New York and be asked to watch every MLB game of the 2013 season. Along the way they share their experiences through a blog, social media, and videos.

Read more >>

1. natsfan1a - Feb 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I liked his video better. (Can't go wrong with a Rollie Fingers reference. :-))

2. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Feb 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I only watched a few videos, but that Demske kid from Novato, for the A's, looks like a can't-miss prospect. Local angle: as one of her qualifications, she lists "driving all day in a hurricane to see Strasburg make a rehab start."

3. Tcostant - Feb 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

How can you not vote for Alexandria Justice; she seems to be the top canadate to me.I voted for Alexandria, as well as Katie and Drew the two Nataionals fans.Katie's video is a lot of fun!!!

4. natsfan1a - Feb 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I only watched the two that were mentioned by Chase. May watch some others if I get caught up a bit.

5. Tcostant - Feb 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

6. peric - Feb 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzHuh … ok what's going on?

7. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Feb 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Off topic, not that there's anything wrong with that:This is how it is done.

8. MicheleS - Feb 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Sofa, I saw that about the Giants. The Nats NEED to do this. Expecially since little kids who stood in line didn't get one, yet I saw adults walking out of there with 20. They got better after the last one.I am so going to the PNats game for the Shark bobblehead

9. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Feb 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Aside to 1a: Trick question; there ain't no Sanity Clause.

10. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Feb 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Michele, please tell me the Shark bobblehead is holding a Candygram.

11. LoveDaNats - Feb 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM

"Tcostant said…I was going to delete and then correct the spelling of Nationals on mine above, but left because of the spirit of Nationals past."__________________Speaking of and I don't know why, I just went back to Mark's thread from opening day 2010. We were so upset over the Philly invasion, me included. What a difference 3 years makes! Our boys went from worst to first in 3 years! Sorry. Got waaaaay too much time on my hands. Ten days till pitchers and catchers!

12. Ebby Calvin - Feb 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

The Law Beat: Ump Wins Facemask ClaimMLB Ump Ed Hickox won his $775,000 personal injury claim over a defective Wilson Sporting Goods mask. Local firm Regan Zambri Long & Bertram represented Hickox.http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2013/01/appeals-court-affirms-775k-judgment-for-injured-mlb-umpire.html

13. SonnyG10 - Feb 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Gosh, I'd take one in the facemask for $775,000…from Jamie Moyer. Now Strasburg is another matter. That would probably require a posthumous payment to my family.

14. natsfan1a - Feb 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

But…but…what about the Easter Bunny?Sec. 3, My Sofa said… Aside to 1a: Trick question; there ain't no Sanity Clause. February 01, 2013 4:02 PM

15. natsfan1a - Feb 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

That would be the land shark bobblehead.111111111111111111111111111(Aside to myself, I really need to invest in the PawSense utility.)Sec. 3, My Sofa said… Michele, please tell me the Shark bobblehead is holding a Candygram. February 01, 2013 4:03 PM

16. LoveDaNats - Feb 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I think all of us are sick of the offseason.

17. baseballswami - Feb 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM

You cannot even begin to measure how very sick I am of the off season. I think a little Caribbean World Series this weekend. Of course, msybe the Caps will pull it together.

18. Faraz Shaikh - Feb 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Wait, is Chad Cordero following me on twitter? I hope it is not a prank because I am very happy about that.

19. LoveDaNats - Feb 2, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Me, too! Best surprise of the day! And it's really him.

20. Scooter - Feb 2, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Sorry, Faraz, I meant to tell you the Chief was asking about you, but I forgot with all the Groundhog Eve hoopla.

21. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Feb 2, 2013 at 3:40 AM

1a, as the party of the first part, I was figuring on you getting that.Contract negotiations

22. natsfan1a - Feb 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

23. natsfan1a - Feb 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It did occur to me later that I might have missed a Marx Bros. allusion. (D'oh! Sits up in bed and slaps forehead.) :-)

24. Rabbit34 - Feb 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Peric, QUIET! You're snoring. It woke me up in the other room.

25. Joe Seamhead - Feb 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM