Feb 4, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Gio Gonzalez has been linked to an alleged supplier of PEDs in Miami.
Whether Gio Gonzalez ultimately is proven to have purchased or taken performance enhancing drugs from the Biogenesis clinic currently under investigation by Major League Baseball or not, whether the Nationals left-hander winds up serving some type of MLB-issued suspension or not, whether anything from last week's thorough report by the Miami New Times proves to be true or not, this much we know for certain:
This story isn't about to disappear. And because of it, there's a reasonable possibility this saga is going to become a distraction at a Nationals camp that is set to open in a mere eight days.
The initial takeaway from Tuesday's published investigation by the New Times is that something of real significance was going on at Biogenesis, the Coral Gables, Fla., anti-aging clinic now linked to several prominent ballplayers, headlined by Alex Rodriguez.
The evidence provided against A-Rod is far more damning than the evidence provided against Gonzalez, but that doesn't mean the NL Cy Young finalist is going to escape with a free pass. If nothingRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"