Feb 4, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Gio Gonzalez has been linked to an alleged supplier of PEDs in Miami.
Whether Gio Gonzalez ultimately is proven to have purchased or taken performance enhancing drugs from the Biogenesis clinic currently under investigation by Major League Baseball or not, whether the Nationals left-hander winds up serving some type of MLB-issued suspension or not, whether anything from last week's thorough report by the Miami New Times proves to be true or not, this much we know for certain:
This story isn't about to disappear. And because of it, there's a reasonable possibility this saga is going to become a distraction at a Nationals camp that is set to open in a mere eight days.
The initial takeaway from Tuesday's published investigation by the New Times is that something of real significance was going on at Biogenesis, the Coral Gables, Fla., anti-aging clinic now linked to several prominent ballplayers, headlined by Alex Rodriguez.
The evidence provided against A-Rod is far more damning than the evidence provided against Gonzalez, but that doesn't mean the NL Cy Young finalist is going to escape with a free pass. If nothingRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen