Feb 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jeremy Accardo has a 4.30 ERA in 262 career appearances.
Updated at 4:42 p.m.
Seeking some insurance both in their catching and bullpen ranks, the Nationals have signed veterans Chris Snyder and Jeremy Accardo to minor-league contracts.
Both players received invitations to big-league camp, which opens next week, but both face long odds to come north with the club at the end of spring training.
Snyder, who turns 32 on Feb. 12, could get some significant playing time early this spring while the Nationals ease Wilson Ramos back from surgery to repair a torn ACL. His deal includes an “out” clause that allows him to become a free agent if he doesn’t make the big-league roster.
That said, the Nationals do expect Ramos (who suffered his injury in May) to be fully healed and ready to go for the start of the
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising