Feb 5, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jeremy Accardo has a 4.30 ERA in 262 career appearances.
Updated at 4:42 p.m.
Seeking some insurance both in their catching and bullpen ranks, the Nationals have signed veterans Chris Snyder and Jeremy Accardo to minor-league contracts.
Both players received invitations to big-league camp, which opens next week, but both face long odds to come north with the club at the end of spring training.
Snyder, who turns 32 on Feb. 12, could get some significant playing time early this spring while the Nationals ease Wilson Ramos back from surgery to repair a torn ACL. His deal includes an “out” clause that allows him to become a free agent if he doesn’t make the big-league roster.
That said, the Nationals do expect Ramos (who suffered his injury in May) to be fully healed and ready to go for the start of the
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Royals edge Giants 3-2 for 2-1 World Series lead
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos