Feb 9, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Danny Espinosa will attempt to play with a torn left rotator cuff.
With the countdown to spring training in its final stages, we're counting down the five biggest storylines facing the Nationals in Viera. We continue today with spring storyline No. 3: The lingering injury issue for several key players…
Injuries are part of baseball, and no team is going to navigate its way through an entire season without seeing at least a couple important players land on the disabled list. But you always prefer to have your entire roster report for spring training with no major health questions, and unfortunately the Nationals can't quite say that.
Three key lineup regulars are returning from injuries suffered last season — Danny Espinosa, Wilson Ramos and Ryan Zimmerman — and all three must prove they have fully healed and will be able to proceed without any lingering problems.
Espinosa is the biggest concern of the three. He hurt his left shoulder late last season, was told by team orthopedist WiemiRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder