Feb 9, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Danny Espinosa will attempt to play with a torn left rotator cuff.
With the countdown to spring training in its final stages, we're counting down the five biggest storylines facing the Nationals in Viera. We continue today with spring storyline No. 3: The lingering injury issue for several key players…
Injuries are part of baseball, and no team is going to navigate its way through an entire season without seeing at least a couple important players land on the disabled list. But you always prefer to have your entire roster report for spring training with no major health questions, and unfortunately the Nationals can't quite say that.
Three key lineup regulars are returning from injuries suffered last season — Danny Espinosa, Wilson Ramos and Ryan Zimmerman — and all three must prove they have fully healed and will be able to proceed without any lingering problems.
Espinosa is the biggest concern of the three. He hurt his left shoulder late last season, was told by team orthopedist WiemiRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1
- Nats pregame music choice irks Phillies, they promise payback
- Roark gets the start for Nats at Wrigley
- State of the Nats: Rolling into Wrigley for Bryant vs. Harper
- Harper showing he can excel at 'the little things'
- Advice from teammates helps Gio get back on track vs. Phillies
- Anthony Rendon to take big step forward in rehab this week
- Strong Gio start secures another series win for Nats
- Nationals aim for another series win against Philly
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes