Feb 10, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
This will be Davey Johnson's 17th and final season as a manager.
With the countdown to spring training in its final stages, we're counting down the five biggest storylines facing the Nationals in Viera. We continue today with spring storyline No. 2: Davey Johnson's farewell tour…
Davey Johnson never expected to be back in a big-league dugout in the first place. So, really, everything that's happened since he donned the uniform again in 2011 has been gravy.
"Shoot, I thought it was my last year 10 years ago," he said earlier this winter.
Johnson, though, didn't agree to become the Nationals' manager 1 1/2 years ago just for kicks. He sensed a franchise on the verge of something big, and he wanted to help it reach those previouslyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Cardinals coming to town
- The Baseball Show: Things are turning up for the Nats
- Marlins in panic mode after poor start to 2015
- Strasburg's changeup key in Nats' win against Phillies
- Denard Span's return felt 'like old times' for Nats
- Strasburg dazzles in Span’s return
- Taylor sent down to Syracuse, hopes to develop consistency
- Nats activate Span off disabled list for Sunday's game
- Strasburg starts as Nats host Phillies in series finale
- Zimmermann still trying to find groove