Feb 10, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
This will be Davey Johnson's 17th and final season as a manager.
With the countdown to spring training in its final stages, we're counting down the five biggest storylines facing the Nationals in Viera. We continue today with spring storyline No. 2: Davey Johnson's farewell tour…
Davey Johnson never expected to be back in a big-league dugout in the first place. So, really, everything that's happened since he donned the uniform again in 2011 has been gravy.
"Shoot, I thought it was my last year 10 years ago," he said earlier this winter.
Johnson, though, didn't agree to become the Nationals' manager 1 1/2 years ago just for kicks. He sensed a franchise on the verge of something big, and he wanted to help it reach those previouslyRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)