Feb 11, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Will Ohman owns a 4.28 ERA in 10 big-league seasons.
VIERA, Fla. — As pitchers and catchers trickle into Space Coast Stadium on the day before they must officially report for spring training, the Nationals have added another veteran left-hander to the mix.
The Nationals today signed Will Ohman to a minor-league contract, extending the 35-year-old southpaw an invitation to big-league camp.
A veteran of 10 big-league seasons with the Cubs, Braves, Dodgers, Orioles, Marlins and White Sox, Ohman owns a career 4.28 ERA over 483 appearances. He spent last season with Chicago, going 0-2 with a 6.41 ERA in 32 games.
Ohman joins a cast of lefties attempting to win the final spot in the Nationals’ Opening Day bullpen, joining Bill Bray, Fernando Abad, Patrick McCoy and Brandon Mann. Fellow left-hander Zach Duke is favored to make the club, but as a long reliever and emergency starter, not as a specialist.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals