Feb 12, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Reiterating that he’s never taken performance enhancing drugs, Gio Gonzalez reported to Nationals spring training this morning and said he’s already spoken to MLB investigators looking into the left-hander’s connection with a Miami clinic suspected of dealing PEDs.
“I’ve cooperated,” he said. “I’ve done everything they wanted me to do.”
Gonzalez spoke to print reporters for 15 minutes inside the dugout at Space Coast Stadium, the first five on his connection to the Biogenesis clinic, and appeared as loose and carefree as he was throughout his 21-win season with the Nationals.
The 27-year-old pitcher said he’s “very confident” he’ll be cleared by MLB of any wrongdoing and expanded on his initial Jan. 29 statement denying any relationship with Biogenesis or its chief, Anthony Bosch. The Miami New Times published pages from Bosch’s notebook that included Gonzalez’s name listed next to several substances. None appear to be obvious illegal performance enhancers, though one was referred to as “pink cream,” a substance Gonzalez said today he has never heard of.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg dominates as Nats win 4-2
- Harper latest Nats player to come down with bug
- LaRoche named finalist for Man of Year award
- Zimmerman ready for game action in Viera
- Strasburg tries to exorcise Atlanta demons
- Nationals putting NLDS tickets on sale Monday
- State of the Nats: Nationals can clinch this week against rivals
- Can the Nationals clinch in Atlanta this week?
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale