Feb 12, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Reiterating that he’s never taken performance enhancing drugs, Gio Gonzalez reported to Nationals spring training this morning and said he’s already spoken to MLB investigators looking into the left-hander’s connection with a Miami clinic suspected of dealing PEDs.
“I’ve cooperated,” he said. “I’ve done everything they wanted me to do.”
Gonzalez spoke to print reporters for 15 minutes inside the dugout at Space Coast Stadium, the first five on his connection to the Biogenesis clinic, and appeared as loose and carefree as he was throughout his 21-win season with the Nationals.
The 27-year-old pitcher said he’s “very confident” he’ll be cleared by MLB of any wrongdoing and expanded on his initial Jan. 29 statement denying any relationship with Biogenesis or its chief, Anthony Bosch. The Miami New Times published pages from Bosch’s notebook that included Gonzalez’s name listed next to several substances. None appear to be obvious illegal performance enhancers, though one was referred to as “pink cream,” a substance Gonzalez said today he has never heard of.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'