Feb 12, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The future of the Nationals' camp at Space Coast Stadium remains up in the air.
VIERA, Fla. — As they opened their ninth spring training at Space Coast Stadium today, the Nationals acknowledged they're still looking to relocate to another site for future seasons.
The team issued a press release this afternoon stating their intentions, though they didn't divulge any new details about their potential plan.
"The Washington Nationals are continuing to explore options for spring training sites beyond the current lease," the team said in the release. "Our current focus, however, is on what we expect to be an exciting 2013 spring training season in Viera. While we certainly appreciate public interest in our future plans, we will be making no further comment until there is something new to report."
The Nationals have been seeking a new spring home for two years, citing the long driving distance between Viera and all other camps in the Grapefruit League — only three other clubs train within 100Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen