Feb 12, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The future of the Nationals' camp at Space Coast Stadium remains up in the air.
VIERA, Fla. — As they opened their ninth spring training at Space Coast Stadium today, the Nationals acknowledged they're still looking to relocate to another site for future seasons.
The team issued a press release this afternoon stating their intentions, though they didn't divulge any new details about their potential plan.
"The Washington Nationals are continuing to explore options for spring training sites beyond the current lease," the team said in the release. "Our current focus, however, is on what we expect to be an exciting 2013 spring training season in Viera. While we certainly appreciate public interest in our future plans, we will be making no further comment until there is something new to report."
The Nationals have been seeking a new spring home for two years, citing the long driving distance between Viera and all other camps in the Grapefruit League — only three other clubs train within 100Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge
- Zimmermann, Nationals go fishing in Miami