Feb 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report today and answer questions about Biogenesis.
VIERA, Fla. — Though plenty of players are already in camp — I spotted at least a dozen yesterday, and many more were around before I pulled into town around noon — today is the official reporting date for Nationals pitchers and catchers. And one pitcher's arrival will be especially notable.
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report to Space Coast Stadium and is expected to meet with reporters and answer questions about his alleged ties to the Miami clinic under investigation for distributing performance enhancing drugs.
We don't know what exactly Gonzalez is going to say, or how much he's going to say — he already denied ever taking any PEDs or even knowing Biogenesis chief Anthony Bosch — but the left-hander plans to address this subject upon his arrival in Viera and then move on to strictly baseball matters.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss