Feb 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report today and answer questions about Biogenesis.
VIERA, Fla. — Though plenty of players are already in camp — I spotted at least a dozen yesterday, and many more were around before I pulled into town around noon — today is the official reporting date for Nationals pitchers and catchers. And one pitcher's arrival will be especially notable.
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report to Space Coast Stadium and is expected to meet with reporters and answer questions about his alleged ties to the Miami clinic under investigation for distributing performance enhancing drugs.
We don't know what exactly Gonzalez is going to say, or how much he's going to say — he already denied ever taking any PEDs or even knowing Biogenesis chief Anthony Bosch — but the left-hander plans to address this subject upon his arrival in Viera and then move on to strictly baseball matters.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win