Feb 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report today and answer questions about Biogenesis.
VIERA, Fla. — Though plenty of players are already in camp — I spotted at least a dozen yesterday, and many more were around before I pulled into town around noon — today is the official reporting date for Nationals pitchers and catchers. And one pitcher's arrival will be especially notable.
Gio Gonzalez is scheduled to report to Space Coast Stadium and is expected to meet with reporters and answer questions about his alleged ties to the Miami clinic under investigation for distributing performance enhancing drugs.
We don't know what exactly Gonzalez is going to say, or how much he's going to say — he already denied ever taking any PEDs or even knowing Biogenesis chief Anthony Bosch — but the left-hander plans to address this subject upon his arrival in Viera and then move on to strictly baseball matters.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman
- Zimmerman leads Nats not with words but example
- Nationals pull ahead late to get much-needed win vs. Cardinals
- Around the NL East: Mets being cautious with Harvey