Feb 14, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper bulked up to 230 pounds over the winter.
VIERA, Fla. — Bryce Harper's primary goal this season, the 20-year-old made clear, is team-related.
"World Series," he said. "That's the biggest thing on my mind."
Not that the Nationals' All-Star outfielder hasn't set some personal goals for himself as well. He just prefers not to share those with the world.
"I have things in my head, goals in my head," he said. "But I'm not ready to share those, because people are probably going to think I'm crazy."
Given the high bar Harper has always set for himself — this is, after all, the same guy who graduated high school at 16, was drafted No. 1 in the country at 17 and won NL Rookie of the Year at 19 — there's no telling just what he believes he's capable of doing in his second big-league season.Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed
- Nationals going with all backups tonight vs. Braves
- Nationals' division titles are no small achievement
- Nationals Stock Watch: NL East champs have plenty of risers
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter