Feb 14, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos catches his first bullpen session since tearing his right ACL.
VIERA, Fla. — It might not have looked like much — 10 minutes spent catching pitches from left-hander Zach Duke — but for Wilson Ramos, this morning’s workout represented a major milestone on the long road back from major knee surgery.
Ramos caught a bullpen session for the first time since he tore the ACL in his right knee last May and emerged with a wide smile following the Nationals’ first official workout of the spring.
“I was crazy to start playing again,” he said. “Now I put my gear on, and I’m very happy for that. It was great to put it on. Now I feel like I’m on the team again. I’m back.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard
- Phillies willing to trade Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee
- Nats expect McLouth to get significant playing time
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame