Feb 14, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos catches his first bullpen session since tearing his right ACL.
VIERA, Fla. — It might not have looked like much — 10 minutes spent catching pitches from left-hander Zach Duke — but for Wilson Ramos, this morning’s workout represented a major milestone on the long road back from major knee surgery.
Ramos caught a bullpen session for the first time since he tore the ACL in his right knee last May and emerged with a wide smile following the Nationals’ first official workout of the spring.
“I was crazy to start playing again,” he said. “Now I put my gear on, and I’m very happy for that. It was great to put it on. Now I feel like I’m on the team again. I’m back.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series
- Nationals roster report: Ian Desmond
- Phillies coach admits Howard may be better off in AL
- Nationals roster report: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Important dates to keep in mind for Nats' offseason
- Nationals roster report: Anthony Rendon
- PHOTO: Nats will wear jersey patch to recognize 10th anniversary
- Michael Morse is headed to the World Series with Giants
- Ishikawa 3-run homer sends Giants to World Series