Feb 14, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos catches his first bullpen session since tearing his right ACL.
VIERA, Fla. — It might not have looked like much — 10 minutes spent catching pitches from left-hander Zach Duke — but for Wilson Ramos, this morning’s workout represented a major milestone on the long road back from major knee surgery.
Ramos caught a bullpen session for the first time since he tore the ACL in his right knee last May and emerged with a wide smile following the Nationals’ first official workout of the spring.
“I was crazy to start playing again,” he said. “Now I put my gear on, and I’m very happy for that. It was great to put it on. Now I feel like I’m on the team again. I’m back.”
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Yankees tried to trade for Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
- A reason for each MLB team to be thankful this Thanksgiving
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires