Feb 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Associated Press file photo
Drew Storen has been under an intense spotlight since Game 5 of the NLDS.
VIERA, Fla. — There are plenty of athletes who refuse to go back and watch their worst moments in competition, believing the only way to focus on the future is by forgetting the past.
Drew Storen believes in the opposite approach. If he blows a save, he wants to re-watch it and figure out what he did wrong.
"Any time I don't do well, it's not exactly fun to watch," he said. "It's like reading through a [term] paper somebody marked up. You felt good about the paper but didn't really do well. But that's how you learn. If I only went back and watched good outings, I wouldn't get any better."
So Storen wasn't afraid to load up a copy of Game 5 of the National League Division Series and re-live his ninth-inning collapse against the Cardinals, the agonizing conclusion to the Nationals' otherwiseRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast