Feb 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Associated Press file photo
Drew Storen has been under an intense spotlight since Game 5 of the NLDS.
VIERA, Fla. — There are plenty of athletes who refuse to go back and watch their worst moments in competition, believing the only way to focus on the future is by forgetting the past.
Drew Storen believes in the opposite approach. If he blows a save, he wants to re-watch it and figure out what he did wrong.
"Any time I don't do well, it's not exactly fun to watch," he said. "It's like reading through a [term] paper somebody marked up. You felt good about the paper but didn't really do well. But that's how you learn. If I only went back and watched good outings, I wouldn't get any better."
So Storen wasn't afraid to load up a copy of Game 5 of the National League Division Series and re-live his ninth-inning collapse against the Cardinals, the agonizing conclusion to the Nationals' otherwiseRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder