Feb 17, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Visual evidence of the conditions this morning at Space Coast Stadium.
VIERA, Fla. — Yes, the above photo is accurate. I just snapped the shot a few minutes ago inside Space Coast Stadium, where the conditions this morning don't exactly conjure up the typical, iconic images of spring training.
The temperature is 41 degrees, but throw in a stiff, northerly breeze and the wind chill factor is 34. (I know, I know. This is falling on absolutely deaf ears back in Washington. Point is, this is quite rare for these parts.)
The show will go on, though, and at the top of the hour the entire Nationals roster will take the practice fields for their first official, full-squad workout of the spring. Everybody is present, accounted for, has passed their physical and is bundled up in October-style gear for today's session.
Before they embark from the clubhouse, manager Davey Johnson is holding his annual spring training meeting, but don't get tooRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats