Feb 20, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — Christian Garcia had to skip his scheduled session throwing to live hitters this morning due both to tightness between his right wrist and forearm and a stomach issue that needed to be examined by a doctor.
The Nationals right-hander took the practice fields outside Space Coast Stadium for stretching and long tossing but rode off in a cart before he was scheduled to throw his first session of "live batting practice" to a group of teammates.
Later in the stadium clubhouse, Garcia explained both ailments, neither of which he believes is serious.
He described the arm trouble as "just a little tightness" in the area between his forearm and wrist, something he's experienced for aRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?