Feb 20, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
VIERA, Fla. — Christian Garcia had to skip his scheduled session throwing to live hitters this morning due both to tightness between his right wrist and forearm and a stomach issue that needed to be examined by a doctor.
The Nationals right-hander took the practice fields outside Space Coast Stadium for stretching and long tossing but rode off in a cart before he was scheduled to throw his first session of "live batting practice" to a group of teammates.
Later in the stadium clubhouse, Garcia explained both ailments, neither of which he believes is serious.
He described the arm trouble as "just a little tightness" in the area between his forearm and wrist, something he's experienced for aRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair