Feb 20, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
VIERA, Fla. — Christian Garcia had to skip his scheduled session throwing to live hitters this morning due both to tightness between his right wrist and forearm and a stomach issue that needed to be examined by a doctor.
The Nationals right-hander took the practice fields outside Space Coast Stadium for stretching and long tossing but rode off in a cart before he was scheduled to throw his first session of "live batting practice" to a group of teammates.
Later in the stadium clubhouse, Garcia explained both ailments, neither of which he believes is serious.
He described the arm trouble as "just a little tightness" in the area between his forearm and wrist, something he's experienced for aRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins