Feb 20, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to face live hitters today.
VIERA, Fla. — After a week's worth of fairly basic, fairly uninteresting workouts, this finally start to ramp up today at Nationals camp.
Yes, it's time for "Live BP," in which pitchers get to face real hitters for the first time this year. It's not quite real game action — the pitchers announce what they're throwing in advance and have an L-shaped screen in front of the mound, and the batters are in a cage — but it's as much excitement as we're going to get before the Grapefruit League kicks off Saturday.
And who are we going to get on the mound right off the bat this morning? Why none other than the Nationals' top two starters: Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. Each is scheduled to throwRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4