Feb 20, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to face live hitters today.
VIERA, Fla. — After a week's worth of fairly basic, fairly uninteresting workouts, this finally start to ramp up today at Nationals camp.
Yes, it's time for "Live BP," in which pitchers get to face real hitters for the first time this year. It's not quite real game action — the pitchers announce what they're throwing in advance and have an L-shaped screen in front of the mound, and the batters are in a cage — but it's as much excitement as we're going to get before the Grapefruit League kicks off Saturday.
And who are we going to get on the mound right off the bat this morning? Why none other than the Nationals' top two starters: Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. Each is scheduled to throwRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend