Feb 20, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Stephen Strasburg is scheduled to face live hitters today.
VIERA, Fla. — After a week's worth of fairly basic, fairly uninteresting workouts, this finally start to ramp up today at Nationals camp.
Yes, it's time for "Live BP," in which pitchers get to face real hitters for the first time this year. It's not quite real game action — the pitchers announce what they're throwing in advance and have an L-shaped screen in front of the mound, and the batters are in a cage — but it's as much excitement as we're going to get before the Grapefruit League kicks off Saturday.
And who are we going to get on the mound right off the bat this morning? Why none other than the Nationals' top two starters: Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. Each is scheduled to throwRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats
- Gio, Nationals try to avoid getting swept by Angels
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper has rough week
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?