Feb 20, 2013, 2:10 AM EDT
Gio Gonzalez denied ever taking any PEDs when he reported to camp last week.
VIERA, Fla. — A new investigative report into the Miami clinic charged with supplying performance enhancing drugs to major leaguers says Gio Gonzalez received only legal substances, further suggesting the Nationals left-hander won’t face any discipline from MLB.
ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” reported tonight at least 25 players received PEDs from Biogenesis, but Gonzalez was not one of them.
Gonzalez did receive $1,000 worth of substances, but those listed are not banned by MLB: glutathione (an anti-oxidant) and intramuscular shots of methionine, inositol and choline. Those shots are often used for weight loss, which could suggest they were for Gonzalez’s father, Max, who has admitted being a client of Biogenesis chief Anthony Bosch’s weight-loss clinic.
Gonzalez is the only player who has been tied to Biogenesis so far who did not receive PEDs, two independent sources told ESPN.
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Reds, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Reds, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Reds, 1:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ranking all 30 MLB ballparks
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue
- Aaron Barrett wins patriotic staring contest before Nats-Rockies game
- Depleted lineup can't complete sweep over Rockies in 6-4 loss
- Zimmerman placed on DL with hamstring strain
- Kevin Durant channels Werth, LaRoche in 'beard gang' photo
- Strasburg tries to pitch depleted Nats to sweep
- Nationals have to deal with latest Zimmerman injury
- Adam LaRoche notches three hits, Nats down Rockies