Feb 21, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
Garcia hasn't received final word on an MRI taken on his forearm, but he did get encouraging news on his stomach ailment: It's not appendicitis, a significant relief to the pitcher.
"I was thinking it could be, because I'd never felt anything like it," he said. "So it's definitely a relief it's not that. Because I would have had to miss a lot of time if it was that."
Garcia said his stomach felt much better today. So did his arm, though he did not participate in the morning workout after complaining of tightness in the area between his wrist and forearm yesterday, preventing him from throwing a scheduled sessionRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Report: NL West team still talking to Phillies about Hamels
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels