Feb 21, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
Garcia hasn't received final word on an MRI taken on his forearm, but he did get encouraging news on his stomach ailment: It's not appendicitis, a significant relief to the pitcher.
"I was thinking it could be, because I'd never felt anything like it," he said. "So it's definitely a relief it's not that. Because I would have had to miss a lot of time if it was that."
Garcia said his stomach felt much better today. So did his arm, though he did not participate in the morning workout after complaining of tightness in the area between his wrist and forearm yesterday, preventing him from throwing a scheduled sessionRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city