Feb 25, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Chad Tracy took a pitch off his right arm yesterday afternoon.
VIERA, Fla. — Chad Tracy has been scratched from the Nationals' travel roster for the next two days after getting hit in the right arm during yesterday's exhibition game against the Marlins.
Tracy took a fourth-inning fastball from Jonathan Albaladejo above his right elbow, at the base of the triceps muscle. Chris Marrero then entered to replace Tracy, though the veteran was scheduled to come out of the game regardless.
One of the majors' most-productive pinch-hitter last season, Tracy had his elbow wrapped this morning and said he'd take a couple days off to let the bruise heal, though he didn't consider the injury serious atRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Monday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Monday's early games
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff
- Report: Braves likely to make 'significant' changes this winter
- LaRoche: Nats unlikely to bring me back in '15
- PHOTO: Nats get hero's welcome at Dulles on Sunday night
- As October looms, Strasburg and Nats are peaking
- Strasburg solves struggles in Miami, Nats win 2-1
- Barrett's role expanding with September surge
- Strasburg starts, but several regulars sit today