Feb 25, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Chad Tracy took a pitch off his right arm yesterday afternoon.
VIERA, Fla. — Chad Tracy has been scratched from the Nationals' travel roster for the next two days after getting hit in the right arm during yesterday's exhibition game against the Marlins.
Tracy took a fourth-inning fastball from Jonathan Albaladejo above his right elbow, at the base of the triceps muscle. Chris Marrero then entered to replace Tracy, though the veteran was scheduled to come out of the game regardless.
One of the majors' most-productive pinch-hitter last season, Tracy had his elbow wrapped this morning and said he'd take a couple days off to let the bruise heal, though he didn't consider the injury serious atRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"