Feb 25, 2013, 5:14 PM EDT
Chad Tracy took a pitch off his right arm yesterday afternoon.
VIERA, Fla. — Chad Tracy has been scratched from the Nationals' travel roster for the next two days after getting hit in the right arm during yesterday's exhibition game against the Marlins.
Tracy took a fourth-inning fastball from Jonathan Albaladejo above his right elbow, at the base of the triceps muscle. Chris Marrero then entered to replace Tracy, though the veteran was scheduled to come out of the game regardless.
One of the majors' most-productive pinch-hitter last season, Tracy had his elbow wrapped this morning and said he'd take a couple days off to let the bruise heal, though he didn't consider the injury serious atRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera