Mar 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Stephen Strasburg struck out six batters in three innings last night.
He's done so much in so little time with the Nationals that it's easy to forget just how young and inexperienced Stephen Strasburg still remains.
He won't turn 25 until July. He's made only 45 big-league starts spanning 251 1/3 innings. And, as the right-hander is quick to point out, he still hasn't pitched a full season as a professional.
Which is all the more reason to marvel at what Strasburg has accomplished already in his career while also recognizing there's still plenty more room for growth.
At this stage, Strasburg has mostly gotten by on pure stuff. Few young pitchers ever have possessed the devastating repertoire at his disposal while also exhibiting pinpoint command of all threeRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal