Mar 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Stephen Strasburg struck out six batters in three innings last night.
He's done so much in so little time with the Nationals that it's easy to forget just how young and inexperienced Stephen Strasburg still remains.
He won't turn 25 until July. He's made only 45 big-league starts spanning 251 1/3 innings. And, as the right-hander is quick to point out, he still hasn't pitched a full season as a professional.
Which is all the more reason to marvel at what Strasburg has accomplished already in his career while also recognizing there's still plenty more room for growth.
At this stage, Strasburg has mostly gotten by on pure stuff. Few young pitchers ever have possessed the devastating repertoire at his disposal while also exhibiting pinpoint command of all threeRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can Nats channel emotion into something good?
- Nats fall to Braves, extend losing skid to six
- Nats fume at Simmons for injuring Escobar
- Cole debuting Tuesday in place of Scherzer
- Rendon scratched from minor league rehab game
- Marlins DFA former big free agent signing
- Nats hope lineup tweak will spark offense
- Cedeno on the move again, one week after Nats traded him
- State of the Nats: Looking up in the standings
- When will slow-developing bats come around?