Mar 3, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
|Photo by Mark Zuckerman|
The Nationals took the first of this back-to-back series behind Gio Gonzalez and another stellar outing by Anthony Rendon. Now they host the Cards in Viera with another shot at the team they battled in last year's NLDS.
Today the Nats will feature a complete lineup of expected starters with Steve Lombardozzi filling in as the designated hitter. Unfortunately this one is not on television once again as this will be the first glimpse of what the Opening Day lineup should look like.
Ross Detwiler takes the mound against a group of Cardinals backups. Pete Kozma, however, will be out there this time. On the bump for St. Louis is Jaime Garcia who pitched Game 2 of the NLDS.
Here are the full lineups…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
Radio: St. Louis' KMOX radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Clear, 60 degrees, Wind 16 mph NW
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
LF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- No DL yet, but Span bracing for possibility
- Nats lose as Reds rock Scherzer in rare poor outing
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds