Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
In Part 2 of our spring training edition of Beltway Baseball, Chase Hughes and I discuss a couple of first-round draft picks who have really stood out through the first few weeks of camp: Bryce Harper and Anthony Rendon. We also talk about the calming influence Davey Johnson has on the Nats’ clubhouse and what he said to his players last summer during their longest losing streak of the year. Make sure to check back tomorrow morning for our reader Q&A.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event