Mar 7, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Osceola County Stadium houses the Houston Astros for spring training.
After yesterday's fireworks in Clearwater — seriously, Roy Halladay, you're going to throw behind Tyler Moore's back because Stephen Strasburg hit Chase Utley in the ankle of a spring training game? — things should be calmer this afternoon in Kissimmee as the Nationals visit the Astros. Given the affinity between Davey Johnson and Bo Porter, I can't imagine any bad blood ever brewing between these two teams.
So the focus will return to baseball, and specifically Gio Gonzalez, who makes his final Grapefruit League start before leaving camp for the second round of the World Baseball Classic next week (that's assuming, of course, Team USA advances past the first round). Because Gonzalez is only allowed to throw 65 pitches in the WBC, he'll be restricted to 50 pitches today, though he may get some extra work in the bullpen after he departs the game.
Wilson Ramos is back in the lineup and will serve as DH and cleanup hitter. He's got several regulars around him in the Nats' lineup, including Denard Span, Danny Espinosa, Bryce Harper, Ian Desmond and Kurt Suzuki. You can watch the game live on MLB.tv (if you have a subscription) or if you've got nothing better to do at 2 a.m. you can watch the replay on MLB Network. Enjoy…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. HOUSTON ASTROS
Where: Osceola County Stadium, Kissimmee
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MLB.tv (live), MLB Network (delayed at 2 a.m.)
Radio: Astros radio via MLB Gameday Audio
Weather: Sunny, 65 degrees, Wind 8 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Bryce Harper
DH Wilson Ramos
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers