Mar 8, 2013, 4:32 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats return to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
As Opening Day inches closer and closer to reality, we're starting to see more regulars in the Nationals lineup on a regular basis. Indeed, today's starting nine — er, 10, since they're still using the DH — features six guys projected to take the field on April 1 against the Marlins, plus three more big-league backups in Tyler Moore, Wilson Ramos and Chad Tracy.
Ramos is behind the plate for the second time this spring, and it'll be interesting to see how he looks back there. Also of interest will be Ryan Zimmerman at the plate, serving again as DH. Sounds like he's getting close to taking his familiar position at third base.
Jordan Zimmerman is on the mound today, facing those pesky St. Louis Cardinals (though thankfully neither Pete Kozma nor Daniel Descalso). The Nats will, however, be up against top pitching prospect Shelby Miller, who gets the start for the Redbirds.
Bob and F.P. are back in Viera, so you can watch today's game live on TV. And, of course, continue to enjoy the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Weather: Sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon