Mar 8, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats return to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
As Opening Day inches closer and closer to reality, we're starting to see more regulars in the Nationals lineup on a regular basis. Indeed, today's starting nine — er, 10, since they're still using the DH — features six guys projected to take the field on April 1 against the Marlins, plus three more big-league backups in Tyler Moore, Wilson Ramos and Chad Tracy.
Ramos is behind the plate for the second time this spring, and it'll be interesting to see how he looks back there. Also of interest will be Ryan Zimmerman at the plate, serving again as DH. Sounds like he's getting close to taking his familiar position at third base.
Jordan Zimmerman is on the mound today, facing those pesky St. Louis Cardinals (though thankfully neither Pete Kozma nor Daniel Descalso). The Nats will, however, be up against top pitching prospect Shelby Miller, who gets the start for the Redbirds.
Bob and F.P. are back in Viera, so you can watch today's game live on TV. And, of course, continue to enjoy the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Weather: Sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Another injury apparently hits Nats spring training, this time in bullpen
- Jordan gets chance to face Cardinals
- Report: Mets strill trying to trade veteran starter
- Nats trade veteran catcher to Red Sox
- Observations from Sunday's 11-7 win in Viera
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up