Mar 8, 2013, 4:32 PM EST
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats return to Space Coast Stadium this afternoon.
As Opening Day inches closer and closer to reality, we're starting to see more regulars in the Nationals lineup on a regular basis. Indeed, today's starting nine — er, 10, since they're still using the DH — features six guys projected to take the field on April 1 against the Marlins, plus three more big-league backups in Tyler Moore, Wilson Ramos and Chad Tracy.
Ramos is behind the plate for the second time this spring, and it'll be interesting to see how he looks back there. Also of interest will be Ryan Zimmerman at the plate, serving again as DH. Sounds like he's getting close to taking his familiar position at third base.
Jordan Zimmerman is on the mound today, facing those pesky St. Louis Cardinals (though thankfully neither Pete Kozma nor Daniel Descalso). The Nats will, however, be up against top pitching prospect Shelby Miller, who gets the start for the Redbirds.
Bob and F.P. are back in Viera, so you can watch today's game live on TV. And, of course, continue to enjoy the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EST
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Weather: Sunny, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Jayson Werth
CF Bryce Harper
DH Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect